Entry/ Exit Points in Nepal
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from Nepal are following. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the voilation of Immigration Act and the Regulation.
Important Information to Visitors:
1) People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal:- Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan.
2) All foreign visitors are requested to be mindful of the date of Nepalese visa and their passport number to avoid possible problems. As such, you are requested to apply for visa extension, if you wish so, apply within the valid period of Nepalese visa.
3) You are requested to get the arrival/departure stamps on your passport at the entry /exit points to avoid further legal complications.
4) Living in Nepal without passport or a valid visa is a punishable offense.
5) Deviation from the prescribed routes mentioned in the trekking permit will be treated as the violation of the law.
6) You are advised to be aware of brokers/cheaters or any counterfeit documents of visa/trekking permit to avoid legal complications.
7) Change of purpose of stay without permission is not allowed and employment or voluntary services while on a tourist visa is strictly prohibited. It will be a punishable offense.
8) Be sure to register at the police and Immigration check point along the trial. It will be wise for to register your trekking destination and schedule at your Embassy or Consulate.
9) If you encounter problems along the trails, inform immediately to the nearest police or Immigration post.
10) You are requested to change money with recognized dealers and do not forget to take formal receipts.
11) You are requested to inform the Immigration Office or Police Station for any changes in your address previously given in the visa application form.
12) You are advised to be mindful to contact the Dept. of Immigration for visa transfer in case of getting new passport or travel document from your embassy.
13) Passport and trekking permits should be kept by the trekkers while trekking.
14) Filming in restricted areas or notified areas without permission is strictly prohibited.
15) Please don’t take out the visa stickers from your passport and do not try to change records printed in your passport.
16)We request for your co-operation to observe the following guidelines during your stay in Nepal. Respect local traditions, customs, values and sentiments, help to protect local culture and maintain local pride.
17) If you make change in your address of residence mentioned in the visa application form or disembarkation card, must furnish to the Immigration Department, Immigration Offices or local police offices with a notice containing name, passport number and new address as well within seven days.
18) If your stay period as a tourist is more than 120 days in one visa year and wish to visit other places for spending more than 24 hours, you have to register in the local police office of such place with your name, passport number and address as well.
19)Let Himalayas change you – Do not change them, so remember, while you are on trekking.
20)Protect the natural environment.
21)Information for Indian Citizens
To allow Indian citizens to make travel on the basis of the following document:
Once again, welcome to Nepal, we wish you a memorable holiday in this country, thank you.
Source: Department of Immigration, Nepal.